One interface to rule them all
With the uMi your favourite microphone will always sound the same, whatever the circumstances
High quality location broadcast and recording has just become a lot more convenient with the uMi USB audio interface. Produced with the mobile reporter in mind, the compact uMi is robust, flexible and delivers outstanding audio quality.
- Premium quality A/D conversion
- Customizable Digital Signal Processing (DSP) with saveable presets
- Small and robust
- Ultra-low latency
- Elegant, robust hardware design using advanced manufacturing processes have produced an outstandingly durable unit, able to be used in the harshest of environments.
- Natural, transparent analogue sound with high quality DSP, including Lo-cut, Phase, Parametric EQ, Gate and Limiter, ensures any microphone will always sound the same, whatever the circumstances or platform.
- Outstanding quality DSP algorithms focused on mobile recording and broadcasting.
- Saving presets within the device means its sound, colour and response can be adjusted with a simple push of a button. Presets can be adjusted and stored in the device via the intuitive uMi Control application for mac-OS and Windows.
- Carefully selected audio components deliver uncompromising 24+1 bit/192 kHz sound quality with the lowest THD and high dynamic range.
- Compatible with iOS, Android, mac-OS and Windows.
- Flexible architecture means two uMi interfaces can be cascaded and used simultaneously in one system. Created with sports commentators in mind who, in many cases, need separate microphones.
- Lockable gain ensures no more surprise gain changes when the user switches apps or OS.
- Buss powered – no need for external power or batteries – with adjustable phantom power.
- CNC-machined, laser trimmed aluminium casing
- No mechanical / moving parts in the audio signal paths for pristine audio quality and zero degradation over time.
- Acrylic capacitors for distortion free audio.
- 0.1% precision thin film resistors.
- High quality Mogami Neglex quad microphone cable for enhanced RF/EM shielding and improved signal to noise cancelling (10 to 20 dB).
- Adjustable Phantom power (0V to 12V), suitable for most phantom powered microphones.
- All settings stored in device memory, so the connected microphone will sound the same on every device or OS.
- Two presets stored in device memory, selectable via a preset button on casing.
- Designed and manufactured in The Netherlands.
- 32/64-bit Digital Signal Processing
- 24+1 Bit, up to 192kHz audio conversion
- Microphone sensitivity up to -82 dBU Full Scale
- Up to 32-bit USB audio support
- Ultra low latency, 1ms USB bus latency at all sample rates
- EIN: -130 dBU (150 Ohm, A-weighted)
- EIN: -132 dBU (0 Ohm, A-weighted)
- Dynamic range: 108 dB (A-weighted)
- THD: 0.0003% (- 42 dBU input level, maximum gain)
- THD+N: 0.003% (– 32 dBU input level, maximum gain)
- Max input level: -22 dBU
- Frequency response @44.1 kHz: 20 Hz – 20000 Hz
- Frequency response @48 kHz: 20 Hz – 24000 Hz
- Frequency response @96 kHz: 20 Hz – 48000 Hz
- Frequency response @192 kHz: 20 Hz – 70000 Hz
CONTROL software for uMi
The uMi Control is a remote control program for macOS and Windows which enables you to set up your uMi the way you like it. Below, you see a screenshot of the main window of uMi Control. At a glance you can see how the two presets of uMi are set up. Any changes made here are immediately reflected on the uMi. Choose different presets, adjust gain, EQ, save presets to disk, load presets from disk, choose between multiple connected uMis, see what sample-rate and bit depth is currently used, etc.
Find your uMi Control Software download here.